CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
AUGUST 4, 2015
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on August 4,, 2015, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held at the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
3. Conference with Labor Negotiator: City Attorney Jose M. Sanchez
Unrepresented Employee: City Manager
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
4. Public Employee Appointment
(Government Code Section 54957)
Title: City Manager
5. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Labor Negotiator: Interim City Manager Odi Ortiz
Employee Organizations: All Represented and
Unrepresented City Employees
6. Conference with Legal Counsel – Potential Litigation
((Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2))
Number of Cases: 1
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2015-44
Next Ordinance Number: 624
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation by 4th of July Committee of a $5,000 check to the Central Valley Honor Flight on behalf of the Committee and the City of Livingston.
2. Presentation by Ricco Guerrero, Al Perry and Larry McFarland, representing the Central Valley Honor Flight – Discussion on the purpose of their organization.
3. Presentation by Hicham Heltal, Merced Irrigation District – Establishment of an IRWIN Governing Board Advisory Committee.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
4. Resolution Establishing Certain Findings and Approving an Energy Service Contract for Energy Related Improvements to City Facilities with Axis LED Lighting (LED Street Lighting Project).
5. Resolution Approving the Site Plan / Design Review 2015-02 for the 51 Fifty Enterprise Youth Boxing Gym and Sports Facility at 430 Second Street (northwest corner of “B” and Second Street).
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
6. Resolution Approving a Three (3) Year Concessions Agreement with Paul Maurer Shows (PMS) and Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Execute the Agreement.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
9. Discussion and Possible Direction Regarding the Continuance of Sister City Efforts with Zapotlanejo, Jalisco, Mexico.