CONCURRENT MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL AND SUCCESSOR AGENCY TO THE REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY OF THE CITY OF LIVINGSTON
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA – Revised
FEBRUARY 17, 2015
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council and Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston will hold a Regular Meeting on February 17, 2015, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held at the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
1. Conference with Legal Counsel – Potential Litigation
((Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2))
Number of Cases: 1
2. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Labor Negotiator: Interim City Manager Odi Ortiz
Employee Organizations: All Represented and Unrepresented
CALL TO ORDER
Roll Call. Next Resolution No. 2015-6
Next Ordinance No. 623
Pledge of Allegiance. Next Successor Agency
Resolution No. 2015-1
Closed Session Announcements
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS (Note from TheGardeningSnail – This Item was added a couple of hours after the Agenda had been originally published)
1. Mayor Rodrigo Espinoza & Council Member Arturo Sicairos – Present and discuss idea of possible Sister City relationship with the State of Jalisco, Mexico.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
2. Approval of Warrant Register Dated February 12, 2015.
CONSENT CALENDAR – SUCCESSOR AGENCY
3. Resolution of the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston Approving the Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule (ROPS 15-16A) Pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 34177 for Period July through December 31, 2015.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
4. Resolution Approving the Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration for the City of Livingston Improvements to Municipal Well No. 17.
5. Resolution Approving the Purchase of MCC and Scada Equipment from Tesco Controls, Inc. for the Well No. 13 and Well No. 17 Projects, Making Findings Supporting that the Procurement for this Equipment is Exempt from Competitive Bidding Requirements, and Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Order the Equipment from this Select Manufacturer.
6. Resolution Approving a Contract with Forsta Filters for the Supply of Three Self-Cleaning Filters to remove Sand from Wells No. 9 and Well No. 11B.
7. City Council to Direct Staff to Approve the Installation of a VFD on Turbine #1 at the WWTP as Recommended by Staff.
9. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Approving the Recommended 2014-15 City of Livingston Mid-Year Budget Revisions.