CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
JUNE 2, 2015
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on June 2, 2015, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held at the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
3. Conference with Legal Counsel – Potential Litigation
((Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2))
Number of Cases: 1
4. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Labor Negotiator: Interim City Manager Odi Ortiz
Employee Organizations: All Represented and
Unrepresented City Employees
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2015-24
Next Ordinance Number: 623
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation by Mayor Espinoza: Plaque to George Solis in Recognition of 30 Years of Service in Education and his Retirement as Principal of Campus Park Elementary School.
2. Presentation by Mayor Espinoza: Plaque for Potential Sister City – Zapotlanejo Jalisco, Mexico.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
3. Initiating Proceedings and Ordering the Preliminary Engineer’s Report for the Annual Levy of Assessments for Fiscal Year 2015/2016 for the Citywide Consolidated Landscape Maintenance Assessment District No. 1, Approving the Engineer’s Report, Delcaring the City’s Intention to Levy Annual Assessments for the District, and Appointing a Time and Place for a Public Hearing.
4. Initiating Proceedings and Ordering the Preliminary Engineer’s Report for the Annual Levy of Assessments for Fiscal Year 2015/20156 for the Livingston Benefit Assessment Districts, Approving the Engineer’s Report, Declaring the City’s Intention to Levy Annual Assessments Within Such Districts and Appointing a Time and Place for a Public Hearing.4. Initiating Proceedings and Ordering the Preliminary Engineer’s Report for the Annual Levy of Assessments for Fiscal Year 2015/20156 for the Livingston Benefit Assessment Districts, Approving the Engineer’s Report, Declaring the City’s Intention to Levy Annual Assessments Within Such Districts and Appointing a Time and Place for a Public Hearing.
5. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Approving the Annual CPI Service Rate Adjustment for Gilton Solid Waste Management Services, Inc.
7. Authorize the Interim City Manager to Enter Into a Professional Services Agreement with AM Consulting Engineers, Inc. for the Preparation of the 2015 Urban Water Management Plan (UWMP).
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
10. Resolution Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Finalize Negotiations and Execute an Agreement with 4Leaf, Inc. for Building Department Support Services.
11. Fiscal Year 2015-2016 Budget Presentation: Workshop #2 – General Fund Operations Update and Review of Enterprise Operating Funds and Successor Agency to Redevelopment Agency.