CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
APRIL 05, 2016
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on April 5, 2016, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The agenda shall be as follows:
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution No.: 2016-09 Next Ordinance No. 628
Pledge of Allegiance.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation: Representatives of the Modesto Chapter of the Citizens Climate Lobby, Kathy Conroto, Bill Anelli, Jerry Jackman, Jody Strait, Richard Anderson and David Rivada will give a slide show they presented at the February 2nd Modesto City Council meeting at which the Council voted for a Resolution endorsing a federal revenue-neutral carbon fee and dividend legislation. This fee increases the cost of fossil fuels, but then returns those fees to American households as a dividend, and therefore, favors a national shift to non-greenhouse gas emitting renewable energy sources.
2. Presentation: Members of the 4th of July Committee – Update on the 2015 4th of July Celebration and Current Plans for July 2016 Celebration.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
3. Waive the Second Reading and Adopt Ordinance No. 627, of the City Council of the City of Livingston, Amending Title 5, Chapters 3, 6 and 7 of the Livingston Municipal Code Relating to Housing.
6. Resolution Awarding Bid to Rolfe Construction Company for the Livingston Downtown Street Improvements.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
13. Appointment of City Council Member to a Four-Year Term on the Merced County Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCo).
14. Resolution Declaring that One Council Office Subject to Election at the November 2016 General Election Shall Only Serve a Two Year Term in Order to Evenly Stagger City Council Seats Subject to Election in the Future (California Government Code Section 34906).
15. Resolution Approving the Purchase and Installation of Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) at Wells No. 8 and 16.
16. Resolution Approving a Six (6) Month Professional Services Agreement with James Fructuoso and Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Execute the Agreement.
17. Resolution Approving a One (1) Year Professional Services Agreement with WGR Southwest, Inc. and Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Execute Agreement.
To see a copy of the presentation: Click Here