CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
DECEMBER 6, 2016
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on December 6, 2016, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The agenda shall be as follows:
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2016-67
Next Ordinance Number: 628
Pledge of Allegiance.
Changes to the Agenda.
CONFIRMATION OF CANVASS OF MUNICIPAL ELECTION
1. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Confirming the Canvass by the Merced County Clerk of the Results of the General Municipal Election of November 8, 2016, Held in and for the City of Livingston and Declaring the Results of Said Election.
2. Alberto Montejano, Deacon, Saint Mary of the Apostles Roman Catholic Church, Fresno, and Priest from Guru Nanak Sikh Temple, Livingston.
OATHS OF OFFICE
3. City Clerk will administer the Oaths of Office to Mayor-elect, Council Members-elect, and City Treasurer-elect.
4. Deputy City Clerk will administer the Oath of Office to City Clerk-elect Antonio Silva.
CITY COUNCIL REORGANIZATION
5. Nomination and Election of Mayor Pro-Tempore.
6. Discuss and Make City Council Appointments to City Boards, Commissions and Committees:
a. Member/Alternate – Merced County Association of Governments (MCAG) Governing Board. (Currently: Mayor Espinoza, Member, Council Member Sicairos, Alternate).
b. Representative/Alternate – Central Valley Division League of California Cities. (Currently: Council Member Soria Representative, Council Member McCabe, Alternate).
c. Member/Alternate – Merced County Mosquito Abatement District Board of Directors. (Currently: Mayor Espinoza, Representative, No Designated Alternate).
d. Representative/Alternate – Special City Selection Committee of the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control Board. (Currently: Mayor Espinoza, Representative, Council Member Sicairos, Alternate).
e. City Council Liaison – Livingston Planning Commission. (Currently: Council Member Sicairos).
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS
7. Mayor Jim Soria, on behalf of the City Council, will present a plaque of appreciation to out-going Mayor, Rodrigo Espinoza.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
8. Introduce and Waive the First Reading of Ordinance No. ____ of the City Council of the City of Livingston Repealing Ordinance No. 616 and Replacing Livingston Municipal Code, Title 4, Chapter 1, “Building Administration Codes” to Adopt and Amend the 2016 California Building Code, 2016 California Mechanical Code, 2015 International Property Maintenance Code, 2016 California Plumbing Code, 2016 California Electrical Code, 2016 California Code of Building Conservation, 2016 Energy Code, 2016 California Green Building Standards Code, and 2016 California Residential Building Code and all appendices attached thereto.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
10. City Council Accept the City of Livingston Independent Auditor’s Report and Financial Statements Dated June 30, 2016 and City of Livingston Local Transportation Development Act Fund – Independent Auditor’s Report and Financial Statements Dated June 30, 2016.