CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
JULY 5, 2016
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on July 5, 2016, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held at the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
3. Conference with Real Property Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54956.8)
Real Property: APN: 024-114-016
(Note from TheGardeningSnail. If I did the “look up” right on the County’s Website, the map below contains the location of the above referenced APN)
Negotiating Parties for City: Interim City Manager/City Attorney and Quirino and Clara Cervantes
Under Negotiation: Potential Property Purchase
4. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency Negotiators: Interim City Manager/City Attorney
Employee Organization: Public Works/Parks Unit
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution No.: 2016-35 Next Ordinance No. 628
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
1. Proceedings under the 1972 Landscape and Lighting Act, California Streets and Highways Code 22500 et. seq.: for the Approval to Levy Annual Assessments for the Citywide Consolidated Landscape Maintenance Assessment District No. 1, Confirming Assessments for Fiscal Year 2016/2017.
2. Proceedings under the Benefit Assessment Act of 1982, Government Code Section 547003, et. seq.: for the Approval to Levy Annual Assessments for the Livingston Benefit Assessment Districts, Confirming Assessments for Fiscal Year 2016/2017.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
3. Resolution Approving the Annual Local Transportation Fund (LTF) Claim to be Filed with the Merced County Association of Governments (MCAG) for Fiscal Year 2016/2017.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
5. Resolution Extending Resolution 2014-63 Declaring Intent Not to Enforce Certain Provisions of Livingston Municipal Code Section 5-6-5 to Protect Vacant and Existing Legal Nonconforming Residential Units in the Downtown Commercial (DTC) Zoning District for a Period of Five (5) Years.
6. Resolution Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Execute the Program Supplement Agreement No. 011-N1 Administering Agency-State Agreement No. 10-5256R for the Sidewalk Infill on stefani, White, Crowell, and Simpson: Federal Project No. CML-5256 (016) and Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Act on Behalf of the City of Livingston.
9. Discussion and Possible Direction Regarding the Use of the City-Owned 12 Acres Next to the Max Foster Sports Complex.