CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
MAY 17, 2016
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on May 17, 2016, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held at the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
3. Conference with Legal Counsel—Existing Litigation
((Government Code Section 54956.9(a))
Name of Case: Animal Legal Defense Fund v. City of Livingston
Merced County Superior Court – Case No.16CV-01222
4. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency Negotiators: Interim City Manager/City Attorney
Employee Organization: Public Works/Parks Unit
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution No.: 2016-20 Next Ordinance No. 628
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements
Changes to the Agenda.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
1. Resolution Authorizing the City Clerk to File and Record a Notice of Completion with the County of Merced for the Well #13 Arsenic Removal Treatment System.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
4. Review, Discuss, Seek Council Direction on Possible Projects for the next CDBG Grant Funding Cycle – Attached presentation by Paul Ashby, Ashby Adams Group.
5. Resolution Approving a Two (2) Year Professional Services Agreement for IT Contract Services and Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Execute Agreement with Selected Firm.
6. Resolution Approving a Memorandum of Understanding Setting Forth Certain Items of Agreement Among Agencies Within the Merced Subbasin Following the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act and Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Execute the Agreement.
7. Resolution Awarding Contract to Tesco Controls – City of Livingston Well #13 and Well #17 – SCADA System Integration.
8. City Council Discussion – Potential Use of Approximately 10+ Acres of Vacant Land Adjacent to Max Foster Sports Complex.