CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
NOVEMBER 15, 2016
CLOSED SESSION: 6:30 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on November 15, 2016, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
3. Public Employee Appointment
(Government Code Section 54957)
Title: City Manager
City Manager Recruitment
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution No.: 2016-61
Next Ordinance No. 628
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
1. Resolution Approving Site Plan and Design Review 2016-01 to Construct a Single Family Home at 1441 Swan Street, Livingston, CA.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
2. Resolution Accepting Bid for – CMAQ Sidewalk Infill Project, Federal Project No. 5256(016) from Vanguard Construction, Inc.
3. Resolution Accepting Bid from George Reed, Inc. for CMAQ – F Street Pedestrian Bike Improvements, Federal Project No. CML-5256(014).
4. Resolution Approving a Lease Agreement with Flor Chaves for the Lease of City-Owned Property Located at 641 Main Street.
5. Approval of Warrant Register Dated October 27, 2016.
6. Approval of Warrant Register Dated November 10, 2016.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
7. Presentation by Dennis Mueller from American Solar Utility LLC: Updates on Livingston Solar Project Assessment(s) – Possible Direction.
8. Presentation on Solar Project Alternatives for Livingston by Jonathan Whelan from Optony Inc. – Possible Direction.
9. Council Authorize Staff to Contract for the Construction of a Security Wall at Rear Entrance of Police Building.
10. Council Approve Contract with Merced Union High School District to Hire Full-Time School Resources Officer (SRO).
11. Resolution Authorizing Interim City Manager to Sign and File an Application with the U.S. Department of Agriculture Requesting Funding from the Emergency Community Water Assistance Grant Program.
12. Resolution Approving Second Amendment to the Professional Services Agreement Between the City of Livingston and WGR Southwest, Inc. for Phase II MS4 and General NPDES Permit Compliance Services.
13. Update on MCAG’s Regional Transportation Impact Fee (RTIF) Study and Possible Direction from Council.