CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
AUGUST 15, 2017
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on August 15, 2017 at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The agenda shall be as follows:
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution No.: 2017-53 Next Ordinance No.: 631
Pledge of Allegiance.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation: Charles Ward, Dividend Finance and PACE Program Overview – Public-Private Financing that Promotes Economic Development Through Clean Energy Upgrades.
2. Presentation: Mayor Soria Will Present a Key to the City to Victor Soria in Recognition of His National Teaching Achievement.
Invocation by Police Chaplain Mike Outten.
Introduction of New Police Officers Gage Johnston L24 and Jeff Godfrey L21 and Dispatchers Frank Navarro C-10 and Martha Hernandez-Gilbertson C11 by Chief Ruben Chavez – Swearing-in by Mayor Jim Soria.
Introduction and Promotion of New Police Corporals Wapinder Kang K3 and Nick Kirk K4 by Chief Ruben Chavez and Swearing-in by Mayor Jim Soria.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor Rodrigo Espinoza Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
4. Resolution Adopting Mitigated Negative Declaration for the City’s Water System Improvement Project.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
5. Approval of Warrant Register Dated July 31, 2017.
6. Approval of Warrant Register Dated August 11, 2017.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS:
7. Resolution Approving an Employment Agreement for the Position of Public Works Director between the City of Livingston and Anthony Chavarria. Swearing-in of New Public Works Director by Mayor Jim Soria Will Follow.
8. Resolution Approving the Deferral of Traffic Impact Fees for the Development of a Medical Campus on APN 022-010-017 and Authorizing the City Manager to Negotiate a Deferral Agreement with Livingston Community Health.
9. Resolution Approving the Annual Local Transportation Fund (LTF) Claim to be Filed with the Merced County Association of Governments (MCAG) for Fiscal Year 2017/2018.
10. City Council Approval of Method of Compliance “Track 1” of the Statewide Trash Provisions Ordered by the State Water Resources Control Board under Section 13383 to Meet the Statewide Water Quality Objective for Zero Trash Discharge from Storm Drain Systems.
11. City Council Acceptance of Bid for Installation of New Flooring at City Hall and City Council Chambers.
12. City Council to Authorize the Management and Confidential Employees to Seek Union Representation.
13. Designate Voting Delegate/Alternate for League of California Cities Annual Conference.