CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
FEBRUARY 7, 2017
CLOSED SESSION: 6:30 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on January 17, 2017, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
3. Public Employee Appointment
(Government Code Section 54957)
Title: City Manager
City Manager Recruitment
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution No.: 2017-09 Next Ordinance No.: 629
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
APPOINTMENTS TO BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS
4. Discuss and Make City Council Appointments to City Boards, Commissions and Committees:
a. Member/Alternate – Merced County Association of Governments (MCAG) Governing Board. (Currently: Mayor Pro-Tem. Samra, Member, Council Member Sicairos, Alternate).
b. Member – Merced County Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO). (Currently Council Member McCabe, Member).
c. Representative/Alternate – Central Valley Division League of California Cities. (Currently: Mayor Soria, Representative, Council Member McCabe, Alternate).
d. Member/Alternate – Merced County Mosquito Abatement District Board of Directors. (Currently: Mayor Soria, Representative, No Designated Alternate).
e. Representative/Alternate – Special City Selection Committee of the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control Board. (Currently: Former Mayor Espinoza, Representative, Council Member Sicairos, Alternate).
f. City Council Liaison – Livingston Planning Commission. (Currently: Council Member Sicairos).
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS
5. Invocation by Police Chaplain Mike Outten.
Swearing-in of New Police Officers Edward Jimenez, Thomas Griffin, and Joseph Thornburg.
Oath of Office to be administered by Mayor Jim Soria.
6. PowerPoint Presentation on Sanctuary Cities, by Crissy Gallardo, Community Organizer, Merced Organizing Project (MOP).
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor Rodrigo Espinoza Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
7. Resolution Approving Site Plan and Design Review 2016-03 to develop the Livingston Community Health Campus on the South Side of “B” Street, East of Winton Parkway, Livingston, CA.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
11. Resolution 2017-__, Authorizing the Reclassification of an Employee, Approving the Job Description, and Establishing a Salary Range for a New Position Title of Senior Administrative Analyst – Community Development.
12. Resolution 2017-__, Approving a One (1) Time Lump Sum Payroll Payment to Employees in Recognition for Their City Services.
14. Approval of Minutes of Meeting Held on November 15, 2016.
15. Approval of Minutes of Meeting Held on December 6, 2016.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
16. Resolution 2017-__, Approving the Purchase of the Management Software PubWorks for Fleet Maintenance, Work Orders, Service Requests, and Asset Management.
17. Introduce and Waive the First Reading of an Ordinance Amending Portions of Chapter 12 of Title 9 of the Livingston Municipal Code Pertaining to Urban Storm Water Quality Management and Amending Section 5-5-5 of the Livingston Municipal Code Pertaining to Specific Use Regulations.
18. Resolution 2017-__, To Consider Making an Appointment to Fill the Vacancies on the Planning Commission.
20. Resolution 2017-__, Approving Updated Employee Classification and Salary Schedule Titled “Office Assistant II, Police”.