CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
JUNE 6, 2017
CLOSED SESSION: 6:30 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on June 6, 2017 at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston,
3. Conference with Legal Counsel – Potential Litigation
((Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2))
Number of Cases: 1
4. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency Negotiators: City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez
and City Attorney Jose M. Sanchez
Employee Organizations: All Represented and Unrepresented City Employees
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution No.: 2017-35 Next Ordinance No.: 630
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS
1. Ceremonial swearing-in of new City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez by Mayor Jim Soria.
2. Introduction of new Police Officers Robert Hazelwood and Stephen Garcia by Chief Ruben Chavez and swearing-in by Mayor Jim Soria.
3. Representatives of the California Health Collaborative’s Merced County Tobacco Control Program of the Youth Advisory Board will give a presentation on the effects of tobacco and their involvement in community events promoting tobacco-free activities and will share what they have learned about the effects of tobacco in the environment.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor Rodrigo Espinoza Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
4. Resolution Approving Site Plan and Design Review 2017-01 for a Sales Office for the Auto Sales Business at 2235 “F” Street, Livingston, CA; APN#: 023-080-002.
5. Resolutions Approving Site Plan and Design Review 2017-02 for the Construction of Two New 2,460 sq. ft. Duplex Units on Two Adjacent Existing 7,075 sq. ft. Lots Zoned R-2 Located on Seventh Street, Livingston, CA.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
6. Waive Second Reading and Adopt Ordinance No. 630 of the City Council of the City of Livingston Amending Title 8, “Health and Sanitation” to Add Chapter 9, “Camping and Storage of Personal Property” to the Municipal Code.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS:
9. Resolution Approving a Three (3) Year Professional Services Agreement for Municipal Code Enforcement Services and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute Agreement with Selected Firm.
11. Resolution Nominating an Individual for Appointment to the Measure V Citizens Oversight Committee.