Note from TheGardeningSnail: This page was prepared by running a PDF Image File through a program which converts Image to Print. My apologies for any textual Gremlins that may have crept in. I may also have broken up some of the larger paragraphs and highlighted a few sections.
Meeting Date: June 06, 2017
AGENDA ITEM: Appointments to the Parks and Recreation Commission.
MEETING DATE: June 6, 2017
PREPARED BY: Jacquelyn Benoit, Recreation Superintendent
REVIEWED BY: Ruben Chavez, Acting City Manager/Police Chief
Based on Council discussion, the Department’s recommendation is to appoint all 7 of the Parks and Recreation Commission applicants. The decision will be at the Council’s pleasure.
The last active Parks and Recreation Commission was at the end of 2015. All Commissioners’ terms expired on January 31, 2015. Recruitment went out for a new Commission; however, only 3 applications were submitted. In February of 2017, staff was directed to once again advertise for new Commissioners and the attached 7 applications were submitted by the deadline of May 1, 2017.
If Commissioners are appointed tonight, the Parks and Recreation Commission would hold its first meeting on June 22, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers. The applicants are as follows:
1) Linda Deol, Livingston resident and youth sport coach since 2013 and community volunteer, student.
2) Robert Godinez, Livingston resident, youth sports coach and assisted in supporting youth and teen sports through donations and helping with fundraising, research tech with Foster Farms.
3) Eva Garibay, Livingston resident, MCAG program specialist and volunteer coach for 11 years.
4) Corina Damigo, Livingston resident, volunteer coach, president’s volunteer award 3 years in a row, worked with March of Dimes, feeds the homeless and loves the community. She is a Customer Service Supervisor for MID.
5) Maria Gutierrez, Livingston resident, volunteer coach, Livingston Girl Scout Troop Leader for over 32 girls, owner of family child care business and works evenings for Turlock Adult School.
6) Eric Garcia, volunteer coach for City sports, youth football and LHS coach for football, has volunteered in Livingston for the past 25 years. Currently works for UPS
7) Eric Aguilar, Livingston resident, volunteer coach, LHS Counselor.
As you can see by their applications, all applicants have a passion for recreation and love the City they live in. They are also willing to “roll up their sleeves and get to work.”
Copies of application packets.