CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
SEPTEMBER 5, 2017
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on September 5, 2017 at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
3. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Labor Negotiator: City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez
Employee Organization: AFSCME Local 2703, District Council 57, on Behalf of the Public Works and Parks Employees Unit
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution No.: 2017-57 Next Ordinance No.: 631
Pledge of Allegiance.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation of Proclamation to Rocio Valencia Mendoza by Mayor Soria.
2. Recognition of 17 Years of Public Service to Livingston Police Volunteer Pearlie Merchant by Chief Ruben Chavez.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor Rodrigo Espinoza Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
4. Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to File a Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP) Estimated Exchange Fund Claim Form for Fiscal Year 2016/2017.
6. Resolution Approving and Ratifying the Master Recipient Funding Agreement with the Merced County Association of Governments.
10. Approval of Warrant Register Dated September 1, 2017.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS:
11. Resolution Approving a Professional Services Agreement with Acquisition Partners of America for General Consulting and Grant Writing Services and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Agreement on Behalf of the City in a Form Approved by the City Attorney.
12. City Council Accept the Bid for Carpet Replacement at City Hall and City Council Chambers and Authorize the City Manager to Sign a Proposal on Behalf of the City of Livingston.
13. Waive the First Reading and Introduce an Ordinance Adding Chapter 9, “Electric Vehicle Charging Station Permits” to Title 4 of the Livingston Municipal Code to Provide for Expedited Streamlined Permitting Process for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations.
14. Resolution Making Appointments to Fill the Vacancies on the Livingston Parks and Recreation Commission.