CLOSED SESSION/SPECIAL MEETING
LIVINGTON CITY COUNCIL
MAY 24, 2006
A Closed Session/Special Meeting of the Livingston City Council was held on May 24, 2006, with Mayor Friesen presiding.
Mayor Friesen opened the meeting at 5:31 p.m.
Mayor Brandon Friesen
The Council went into Closed Session at 5:32 p.m. to discuss the following matters:
1. Conference with Legal Counsel—Anticipated Litigation. Significant Exposure to Litigation
Government Code 54956.9(b). 1 Case.
2. Conference with Labor Negotiator—Government Code 54957.6
Agency Negotiator: City Manager
Employee Organizations: All Represented and Unrepresented Employees of
the City of Livingston.
The Closed Session ended at 6:40 p.m.
The Council came out of Closed Session and into Open Session at 6:41 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER
Mayor Friesen called the meeting to order at 6:42 p.m.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The pledge of allegiance was recited.
Mayor Brandon Friesen
Mayor Pro-Tem Frank Vierra
Council Member William Ingram
Council Member Rodrigo Espinoza
Council Member Roy Soria
CLOSED SESSION ANNOUNCEMENTS
There was no reportable action; the Council gave direction to staff.
CHANGES TO THE AGENDA
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
The following Consent Calendar items were presented for Council approval:
1. Waive the Second Reading and Adopt Ordinance No. 542, an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Livingston Establishing Policies, Rules and Regulations Governing the Provision of Municipal, Domestic and Industrial Water Service in the City of Livingston, Adding Sections 9-5-1 Through 9-5-74 and Repealing Sections 9-5-1 Through 9-5-16 of Title 9 of the Livingston Municipal Code.
2. Waive the Second Reading and Adopt Ordinance No. 543, an Ordinance of the City Council of the City Council of the City of Livingston Adding Chapter 12, Sections 1 Through 3 to Title 10 of the Livingston Municipal Code: Urinating or Defecating in a Public Place.
3. Waive the Second Reading and Adopt Ordinance No. 544, an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Livingston Amending Title 1, Chapter 9, Sections 1 and 2 of the Livingston Municipal Code: Corporate Seal, Logo.
Council Member Ingram requested that Item No. 3 be removed for discussion. He requested that there be a language change to reflect that there is no fiscal impact to the City.
Council Member Espinoza requested that wording on Item No. 1 be changed for clarification of timeframe of one year from the time of connection to City water service.
Motion: M/S Vierra/Soria to approve Consent Calendar agenda items 1 through 3, as amended. The motion carried 5-0.
4. City Manager Announcement and Reports.
The meeting was adjourned by consensus at 6:59 p.m.
City Clerk of the City of Livingston
APPROVED: June 6, 2006
Mayor or Mayor ProTempore