CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
AUGUST 3, 2010
CLOSED SESSION: 6:15 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on August 3, 2010, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an open session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:15 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in the City of Livingston City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on closed session items will be taken before the closed session. Any required announcements or discussion of closed session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
1. Foster Poultry Farms, Inc. v. City of Livingston, et al, California Superior Court, County of Merced, Case No. CV000752.
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2010-42
Next Ordinance Number: 590
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Livingston Recreation Swim Team Presentation.
2. Presentation of Five Year Service Pin to Donna Barnes.
3. Presentation of Five Year Service Pin to Julia Jacobo.
4. Presentation of Business Certificate of Recognition to Rumualdo Castaneda, Mi Casa es tu Casa Restaurant.
5. Announcement of Amicus Curiae (“Friend of the Court”) support from League of California Cities (“LOCC”), California State Association of Counties (“CSAC”), and Association of California Water Agencies (“ACWA”) in Foster Poultry Farms, Inc. v. City of Livingston, California Court of Appeal, Fifth District, Case No. F059871.
6. Proposition 22 Local Taxpayer Public Safety and Transportation Protection Act of 2010. Presentation.
7. Report on Citizens’ Service Committee Appointments
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
8. Resolution Adopting the Initial Study and Negative Declaration and Approving Site Plan / Design Review 2006-01 for the Foster Farms Rendering Plant Project.
9. Resolution Conditionally Approving Site Plan/Design Review 2010-05 for the AT&T Antenna Project.
10. Resolution Setting the City of Livingston’s Gann Appropriation Limit for the Fiscal Year 2010-2011.
11. Public Hearing and Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Approving the City of Livingston Budget for Fiscal Year 2010-2011.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
12. Approval of Minutes of Meeting Held on April 20, 2010.
13. Approval of Warrant Register Dated July 15, 2010.
14. Approval of Warrant Register Dated July 28, 2010.
15. Resolution for Final Adoption of 2009-2014 Housing Element, Incorporating Minor Amendments, Including Minor Amendments provided by HCD.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
16. City Manager Announcements and Reports