CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
FEBRUARY 2, 2010
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
REGULAR MEETING: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on February 2, 2010, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an open session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Regular Meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Regular Meeting beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in the City of Livingston City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any required announcements or discussion of closed session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California
1. Conference with Legal Counsel—Existing Litigation.
Government Code Section 54956.9(a).
a. Merced County Farm Bureau v. City of Livingston, et al., California Superior Court, County of Merced, Case No. CU151754 [consolidated with Valley Advocates v. City of Livingston, et al, Superior Court, County of Merced, Case No. CU151757].
b. Fernando Davalos et al, v. City of Livingston, et al, California Superior Court, County of Merced, Case No. CV000669.
c. Paul Creighton v. City of Livingston, et al, United States District Court, Eastern District of California, Case No. 1:08-CV-01507-OWWSMS.
d. Foster Poultry Farms, Inc. v. City of Livingston, et al, California Superior Court, County of Merced, Case No. CV000752.
e. Foster Poultry Farms, Inc. v. City of Livingston, et al, California Superior Court, County of Merced, Case No. CV000292.
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2010-3
Next Ordinance Number: 586
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation of Proclamation Designating February 2, 2010, as “Rotary Day.”
2. Presentation of Recognition Plaque to Ralph Meraz.
3. Presentation of Recognition Award to Police Officer Zeus Baldevia.
4. Presentation of Future Farmers of America.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening., members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
5. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Authorizing the City Manager to Enter into an Agreement with the California Department of Parks and Recreation to Receive Grant Funding from the Land and Water Conservation Program for the Livingston Sports Complex for Construction of Restrooms and a Picnic Shelter.
` 6. Waive Second Reading and Adopt Ordinance No. 585, an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Livingston Amending Title 2 (Government Organization) Chapter 3 (Citizens’ Service Committee) of the Livingston Municipal Code Relating to the Organization and Duties and Responsibilities of the Citizens’ Service Committee.
7. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Approving the Employment Agreement Between the City of Livingston and Douglas D. Dunford for Employment as Police Chief.
8. Resolution Authorizing Designated Signatures for City Bank Accounts.
9. Approval of Minutes of Meeting Held on November 17, 2009.
10. Approval of Warrant Register Dated January 14, 2010.
11. Approval of Warrant Register Dated January 27, 2010.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
12. Resolution Approving Submittal of a Grant Application to the State of California Department of Parks and Recreation Office of Grants and Local Services (OGALS) for a Proposition 84/Statewide Park Development and Community Revitalization Grant to Support Recreational Additions to the Livingston Sports Complex.
13. City Council Guidance on Rental of City-Owned Home.
14. City Manager Announcements and Reports.