CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
JANUARY 5, 2010
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
REGULAR MEETING: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on January 5, 2010, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394- 8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an open session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Regular Meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Regular Meeting beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in the City of Livingston City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any required announcements or discussion of closed session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
1. Conference with Legal Counsel—Existing Litigation. Government Code Section 54956.9(a).
a. Merced County Farm Bureau v. City of Livingston, et al., California Superior Court, County of Merced, Case No. CU151754 [consolidated with Valley Advocates v. City of Livingston, et al., Superior Court, County of Merced, Case No. CU151757].
b. Fernando Davalos et al, v. City of Livingston et al, California Superior Court, County of Merced, Case No. CV000669.
c. Foster Poultry Farms, Inc. v. City of Livingston, et al, California Superior Court, County of Merced, Case No. CV000292.
Page 2 of 3
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2010-1 Next Ordinance Number: 585
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Introduction of New Police Officer – Christopher King.
2. Recognition – Connie Payan – Five Year Service Pin.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
3. Resolution Conditionally Approving Site Plan/Design Review 2009-04 for the Dr. Singh Mixed Use Project.
4. City Council Guidance on Site Plan/ Design Review 2009-05 for Adding Composition Shingles to Parkside Subdivision’s Approved Materials.
5. Memorandum of Understanding between the Merced Union High School District and the City of Livingston Regarding the Deferral of Improvements to Peach Avenue.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening, members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Page 3 of 3
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
6. Approval of Minutes of Meeting Held on October 20, 2009.
7. Approval of Warrant Register Dated December 9, 2009.
8. Approval of Warrant Register Dated December 17, 2009.
9. Approval of Warrant Numbers 68840 ($65,445.02 – Legal Services), 68984 ($43,791.94 – Legal Services), 69096 ($6,637.50 – Police Recruitment Services), 69181 ($81,791.36 – Legal Services), and 69266 ($5,103.36 – Police Recruitment Services).
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
10. Introduce and Waive First Reading of an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Livingston Amending Title 2 (Government Organization) Chapter 3 (Citizens’ Service Committee) of the Livingston Municipal Code Relating to the Organization and Duties and Responsibilities of the Citizens’ Service Committee.
11. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Establishing a Policy Regarding Attendance at City Council Meetings by Members of the City Council.
12. City Manager Announcements and Reports.