CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
JUNE 1, 2010
CLOSED SESSION: 6:30 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on June 1, 2010, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an open session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:30 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in the City of Livingston City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 “C” Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on closed session items will be taken before the closed session. Any required announcements or discussion of closed session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
1. Conference with Legal Counsel—Existing Litigation.
Government Code Section 54956.9(a).
a. Merced County Farm Bureau v. City of Livingston, et al., California Superior Court, County of Merced, Case No. CU151754 [consolidated with Valley Advocates v. City of Livingston, et al, Superior Court, County of Merced, Case No. CU151757].
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2010-23
Next Ordinance Number: 587
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda. .
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Children’s Bill of Rights for Merced County.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
2. Introduce and Waive the First Reading of an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Livingston to Allow Medical Offices/Clinics in a Public Facility (PF) Zoning District with a Conditional Use Permit.
3. Adoption of an Urgency Ordinance Extending a Moratorium on the Approval of Medical Marijuana Dispensaries.
4. Introduce and Waive the First Reading of an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Livingston to Prohibit Medical Marijuana Dispensaries.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
5. Initiating Proceedings Under the Landscape and Lighting Act of 1972, Division 15, Part 2 of the California Streets and Highways Code, et. seq., Declaring the City’s Intention to Levy and Collect Assessments Within the City’s Landscape and Lighting Maintenance Assessment District for Fiscal Year 2010/2011, Approval of the Annual Engineer’s Report and Setting a Time and Place for a Public Hearing.
6. Initiating Proceedings Under the Benefit Assessment Act of 1982, Government Code Section 54717, et. seq., Declaring the City’s Intention to Levy and Collect Assessments Within the City’s Benefit Assessment Districts for Fiscal Year 2010/2011, Approval of the Annual Engineer’s Report and Setting a Time and Place for a Public Hearing.
7. Resolution to Award a Professional Design Services Contract for the Picnic Area and Restroom Facilities at the Livingston Sports Complex to RFT Design Studio, Dublin, CA, and Authorize the City Manager to Execute the Contract.
8. Approval of Minutes of Meeting Held on March 16, 2010.
9. Approval of Warrant Register Dated May 13, 2010.
10. Approval of Warrant Register Dated May 26, 2010.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
11. City Manager Announcements and Reports.