CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
NOVEMBER 16, 2010
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on November 16, 2010, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an open session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:0015 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in the City of Livingston City Hall Conference Room located at
1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on closed session items will be taken before the closed session. Any required announcements or discussion of closed session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
1. Public Employee Discipline/Dismissal/Release/Retirement.
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2010-59
Next Ordinance Number: 590
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
CONFIRMATION OF CANVASS OF MUNICIPAL ELECTION
- Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Confirming the Canvass by the Merced County Clerk of the Results of the General Municipal Election of November 2, 2010, Held in and for the City of Livingston and Declaring the Results of Said Election.
OATHS OF OFFICE
2. City Clerk will administer the Oaths of Office to Mayor-elect Rodrigo Espinoza and Council Member-elect Gurpal Samra.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
3. Presentation of Five-Year Service Pin to Adabel Pirita, Office Assistant.
4. Presentation of City of Livingston – Independent Auditor’s Report and Financial Statements June 30, 2010, and City of Livingston Local Transportation Act Fund – Independent Auditor’s Report and Financial Statements June 30, 2010.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
5. Resolution Designating Certain Signatures for City Bank Accounts.
6. Resolution Accepting the Improvements at the Parkside Ponding Basin and Well #13 by K. Hovnanian Forecast Homes, Inc. as Part of the Subdivision Improvements for Parkside Estates, Authorizing the Acting City Manager to Release the Performance Bonds and Authorizing the Cit Clerk to File the Notice of Completion with the Merced County Recorder’s Office.
7. Denial of Claim for Damages from Jessica Billingsley.
8. Approval of Minutes of Meeting Held on August 3, 2010.
9. Approval of Minutes of Meeting Held on September 7, 2010.
10. Approval of Warrant Register Dated November 9, 2010.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
11. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Establishing a Voluntary Policy Regarding Attendance at City Council Meetings by Members of the City Council.
12. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Authorizing Direction for Outside Watering Restrictions Per Title 9, Chapter 5, Section 72 of the City of Livingston Municipal Code.
13. Termination of Agreement for Inspection Services – Bureau Veritas.