COURT THEATER COMMITTEE
NOVEMBER 8, 2010
A special meeting of the Court Theater Committee was called to order by Chairperson JoAnn Mires on Monday, November 8, 2010 at 5:05 p.m. in the Livingston City Council Chambers
Minutes – A motion was made by Kaye Greeley and seconded by Jan Purganan to approve the September 20, 2010 minutes as corrected. Motion passed.
Treasury Report – No Treasury report was given. Scott is going through the statements to get a report for next meeting
Court Theater Project Update
Vicki Lewis, Assistant City Manager/Finance Director, reported on the status of the building funds/grants. A handout was given showing details of costs. If the theater was build in phases, the estimates would be as September 2010:
*Phase 1 – $1,596,625
*Phase 2 – $1,319,525
*Phase 3 – $1,960,023
*Phase 4 – $1,695,817
*Site Work – $390,828
* Total Construction $6.9 million
· The Substantial Community Loan & Grant Program form the California Pollution Control Authority for $350,000 was granted based on the original plans and completed project. The extension for the grant was submitted, but denied. A solution with dates to use the money was needed by November 30, 2010 or the money would be lost. The grant was to be disbursed by January 1, 2011.
· The Roberti-Z Berg Harris Grant Program by the Department of Parks and Recreation for $500,000 is due to expire in 2012.
· Verification of the terms of the grant will need to be done. For example, was it for the original version or can it be adjusted for the phases.
· Items that prevented building the theater
· Architectures stating the building was sound
· Soil report stating the building was not sound and would need to be re-built
· Changes in Architects
· Economy dropped and development came to a halt
· Steps to be done to continue with the project
· Keep on top of the Roberti-Z Berg Harris Grant for use
· Also need clarification of the grants regarding use.
· City staff monitors the grant and will report to the Court Theater Committee at meetings.
· City staff will report to the City Council on Tuesday, December 7 and then to the Court Theater Committee on Monday, December 13 meeting.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:08 p.m. The next meeting will be held on Monday, December 13, 2010, at 5:00 pm.
Present: Jan Purganan, Marge McFadden, Scott Kenoyer, Diann Benafield, Jasmin Bains, JoAnn Mires, Warren Urnberg, Vicki Lewis