CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
AUGUST 2, 2011
SPECIAL MEETING: 5:30 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on August 2, 2011, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Special Meeting, which involves a Closed Session, will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 5:30 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in the City of Livingston City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
1. Appointment of Labor Negotiator: Jose M. Sanchez, City Attorney, Relating to Employment Agreement with Unrepresented Employee: Assistant City Manager/Finance Director.
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
1. Conference with Labor Negotiator: Jose M. Sanchez, City Attorney
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6
Unrepresented Employee: Assistant City Manager/Finance Director
2. Conference with Legal Counsel—Potential Litigation
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2011-51
Next Ordinance Number: 593
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation by John Cadrett, San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District: Overview of the Air Pollution Control District’s Past Successes, Current and Upcoming Challenges, Healthy Air Living Program and Potential Grant Opportunities for Municipalities.
2. Presentation by Chuck Baucom EMS Administrator/EP Coordinator, Merced County Department of Public Health and Bill Bullard, Senior Consultant, Abaris Group Consulting Firm: Overview of Upcoming Ground Ambulance RFP Process.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
3. Introduce and Waive the First Reading of Ordinance No.____, an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Livingston Amending Livingston Municipal Code Section 5-6-2(B) Concerning Amendments and Rezonings.
4. Introduce and Waive the First Reading of an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Livingston to Modify Livingston Municipal Code (LMC) Section 5-3, Amendments Necessary to Implement Programs in the 2009-2014 Housing Element.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
5. Resolution Accepting the Road Widening and Associated Improvements on Peach Avenue Adjacent to Livingston High School Completed by Merced Union High School District and Authorizing the City Clerk to Record a Notice of Completion with Merced County.
6. Resolution Awarding a Professional Engineering Services Contract for Water Treatment at the City Water Supply Well No. 8 to AECOM, Fresno, California, and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Agreement.
7. Waive the Second Readings and Adopt Ordinances Nos. 590 and 592 of the City Council of the City of Livingston Amending Livingston Municipal Code (LMC) Title 5, Chapter 5, Table 12, Permit Requirements for Wireless Communication Facilities; and LMC Title 5, Section 5-6-9, Subsection F, and LMC Title 5, Section 5-6-10, Subsection D, Relating to Appeal Hearings for Conditional Use Permits and Variances.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
CONTINUATION OF CLOSED SESSION IF NECESSARY.