CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
FEBRUARY 1, 2011
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on February 1, 2011, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The agenda shall be as follows:
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2011-6
Next Ordinance Number: 590
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation of Certificate of Appreciation to Livingston High School Woodshop Students and Instructor for Making Hand Carved Additions for the City of Livingston Welcome Signs in Spanish, Punjabi and Japanese Languages.
2. Presentation of Five-Year Service Pin to Jesus Chavez, Public Works Maintenance Mechanic.
3. Presentation of Five-Year Service Pin to Nora Becerra, Police Public Assistant.
4. Departmental Presentation by Acting Police Chief Chris Soria.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
Acting City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
5. Approval of Minutes of Meeting Held on October 5, 2010.
7. Approval of Warrant Register Dated January 26, 2011.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
10. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Repealing Resolution No. 2010-14, a Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Defining the Role, Duties and Responsibilities of the City Attorney.
13. Discuss City Council Commitment, Support and Participation in Court Theater Committee.