CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
JULY 05, 2011
CLOSED SESSION: 6:30 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on July 5, 2011, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:30 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in the City of Livingston City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
4. Public Employee Appointment
(Government Code Section 54957)
Title: Interim City Manager
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2011-44
Next Ordinance Number: 591
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Departmental Presentation – Jacquie Benoit, Recreation Superintendent.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
Interim City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
2. Proceedings under the 1972 Landscape and Lighting Act, California Streets and Highways Code 22500, et. seq., for the Approval to Levy Annual Assessments for the Citywide Consolidated Landscape Maintenance Assessment District No. 1, Confirming Assessments for Fiscal Year 2011/2012.
3. Proceedings under the Benefit Assessment Act of 1982, Government Code Section 54717, et. seq., for the Approval to Levy Annual Assessments for the Livingston Benefit Assessment Districts, Confirming Assessments for Fiscal Year 2011/2012.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
9. Waive the Second Reading and Adopt Ordinance No. 590 of the City Council of the City of Livingston Amending Livingston Municipal Code (LMC) 5-6-5 (C), Nonconforming Uses of Land, Concerning Nonconforming Agriculture Uses.
10. Resolution Approving Land Lease Agreement Between the City of Livingston and Gerald Martin for Approximately 40 Acres of Land at 15036 Vinewood Avenue Known as APN Numbers 047-140-006 and 047-140-001.
11. Resolution Approving Contract Amendment No. 4 for PMC to Complete the Environmental Analysis of the Domestic Wastewater Treatment Plant and Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Sign the Amendment.
CONTINUATION OF CLOSED SESSION IF NECESSARY