CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
MARCH 1, 2011
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on March 1, 2011, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in the City of Livingston City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
1. Public Employee Appointment
(Government Code Section 54957)
Title: City Manager
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2011-13
Next Ordinance Number: 590
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation by Gerri Casillas-Nunez on Health Plan of San Joaquin.
2. Presentation of Five-Year Service Pin to Police Officer Robert Silva.
3. Departmental Presentation by Public Works Superintendent Kathryn Reyes.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
Acting City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
6. Approval of Warrant Register Dated February 24, 2011.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
9. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Appointing Victoria Lewis as Interim City Manager and Approving an Addendum to the Employment Agreement between the City of Livingston and Victoria Lewis.
10. Provide Direction to Staff Concerning Draft Ordinance No. ___, an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Livingston Adding Title 2 (Government Organization) Chapter 6 (Livingston 4th of July Committee) to the Livingston Municipal Code Relating to the Organization, Duties and Responsibilities of the Livingston 4th of July Committee.
12. Review and Discuss the Proposals Submitted by Consultants to Provide Water, Wastewater and Solid Waste Rate Studies, Community Outreach and Proposition 218 Balloting Services, Adopt a Resolution to Award a Professional Services Contract to the Selected Consultant and Authorize the Acting City Manager to Execute the Agreement.