CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
MAY 17, 2011
CLOSED SESSION: 5:30 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on May 17, 2011, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 5:30 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in the City of Livingston City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
4. Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation
Government Code Section 54956.9(a)
a. City of Livingston v. The Dow Chemical Company, et al.
San Bernardino Superior Court, Case No. SVCSS 120627
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2011-33
Next Ordinance Number: 590
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation of Proclamation to Merced Irrigation District Designating May as Water and Canal Safety Month.
2. Presentation of 10-Year Service Pin to Deanna Soria, Director of Professional Services, Livingston Police Department.
3. Departmental Presentation by Armando Rios, Battalion Chief, CalFire/Merced County
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
Interim City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
4. Resolution Authorizing the Submission of the 2011 Secure Our Schools Grant Application to the United States Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services and Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Enter into a Related Agreement with the Merced Union High School District.
8. Approval of Warrant Register Dated May 11, 2011.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
9. Resolution Awarding Construction Contract to Shannon Pump Company, Merced, California, Approving the Expenditure of Construction Funds for the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) – Replacement of Motors at Water Wells 8,9,11 and 13 – Grant No. CBG- 09-093 and Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Execute a Construction Contract and Any Change Orders Thereto with Shannon Pump Company.
10. Resolution of Intent to Amend Livingston Municipal Code (LMC) 5-2-3-29 Vehicle Sales, LMC 5-3-14 Vehicle Sales Overlay District (VEH) Table 3 – Land Use – Commercial Zoning, Vehicles Sales, Footnote D and LMC 5-6-2 Amendments and Rezoning (and the numbering of subsequent lines).
11. Provide Staff Direction – Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Enter into an Agreement for Contract Staff Support Services with West Coast Code Consultants (“WC³”) or Interwest Consulting Group (“Interwest”).