CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
APRIL 3, 2012
CLOSED SESSION: 5:30 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on April 3, 2012, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 5:30 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in the City of Livingston City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
CLOSED SESSIONA “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
3. Conference with Legal Counsel—Potential Litigation
[(Government Code Section 54956.9(b)(1)]
Number of Cases: 2
4. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency Negotiator: City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez
Employee Organizations: All Represented City Employees
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2012-25
Next Ordinance Number: 599
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation by Jesse Brown, Executive Director, Merced County Association of Governments on the Regional Transportation Impact Fee (RTIF)
GRANT ANNOUNCEMENTS ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
2. Resolution Approving a 2012/2013 Application for Funding and the Execution of a Grant Agreement and any Amendments Thereto from the General Allocation of the State CDBG Program.
3. Introduce and Waive the First Reading of an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Livingston to Allow Medical Offices/Clinics in a Low Density Residential (R-1) Zoning District with a Conditional Use Permit.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
4. Resolution Approving the Merced County Association of Governments (MCAG) Work Program and Budget for Fiscal Year 2012/2013.
5. Resolution Approving a Two (2) Year Memorandum of Understanding Between the City of Livingston and the Management and Confidential Employees Association.
6. Resolution Approving a Three (3) Year Memorandum of Understanding Between the City of Livingston and the Clerical Employees Association.
7. Waive the Second Reading and Adopt Ordinance No. 598 of the City Council of the City of Livingston Approving Development Agreement 2009-03.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
10. Approve Resolution Approving Administrative Appeal 2012-01 and Revoking Conditional Use Permit 2001-05 for 444 Main Street.