CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
DECEMBER 4, 2012
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on December 4, 2012, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The agenda shall be as follows:
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2012-76
Next Ordinance Number: 600
Pledge of Allegiance.
Changes to the Agenda.
CONFIRMATION OF CANVASS OF MUNICIPAL ELECTION
1. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Confirming the Canvass by the Merced County Clerk of the Results of the General Municipal Election of November 6, 2012, Held in and for the City of Livingston and Declaring the Results of Said Election.
2. Rev. Msgr. Harvey Fonseca, Saint Jude Thaddeus Roman Catholic Church, and Priest from Guru Nanak Sikh Temple.
OATHS OF OFFICE
3. City Clerk will administer the Oaths of Office to Mayor-elect Rodrigo Espinoza and Council Members-elect Jim Soria, Arturo Sicairos and David Mendoza; and City Treasurer Maria Ribeiro.
4. Deputy City Clerk will administer the Oath of Office to City Clerk-elect Antonio Silva.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
5. Mayor Espinoza will present plaques to out-going Council Members and City Treasurer.
CITY COUNCIL REORGANIZATION
6. Nomination and Election of Mayor Pro-Tempore.
7. Discuss and Make City Council Appointments to City Boards, Commissions and Committees:
a. Member/Alternate – Merced County Association of Governments (MCAG) Governing Board.
b. Representative/Alternate – Central Valley Division League of California Cities.
c. Representative/Alternate – Special City Selection Committee of the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control Board.
d. City Council Liaison – Livingston Planning Commission.
e. City Council Liaison – Livingston Parks and Recreation Commission.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
CITY COUNCIL FUTURE AGENDA ITEM REQUESTS.
8. Resolution Declaring that the City Council Finds that the Public Convenience and Necessity Require the Security Services of Crimetek Security, Turlock, California and Authorizing the Issuance of a Business License to the Applicant.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
9. Resolution Approving an Off-Site Improvement Agreement for the Livingston Family Apartments Project and Authorizing the Mayor to Execute the Agreement
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
13. City of Livingston – Independent Auditor’s Report and Financial Statements June 30, 2012 and City of Livingston Local Transportation Development Act Fund – Independent Auditor’s Report and Financial Statements June 30, 2012.