CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
DECEMBER 18, 2012
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on December 18, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The agenda shall be as follows:
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2012-80
Next Ordinance Number: 600
Pledge of Allegiance.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
CITY COUNCIL FUTURE AGENDA ITEM REQUESTS.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
1. Resolution Awarding Construction Contract to Hobbs Construction, Inc. of Fresno, CA, Approving the Expenditure of Construction Funds for the Wireless Lighted Crosswalk Warning System – “F” Street at Hilltop Avenue Project, and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Construction Contract and Any Change Orders Thereto with Hobbs Construction, Inc.
2. Resolution Authorizing Submittal of WaterSMART Grant Application to the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation for Automated Meter Reading System Technology.
3. Resolution Authorizing the Retention of Bicycles to be Donated to Local Families Through Various Police Programs.
4. Resolution Authorizing the Sale of Indoor Grow Lights and Associated Equipment to University of California, Merced.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
10. Resolution Appointing a Candidate to the Governing Board of the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District – City Seat for Merced County.
11. Authorize the City Manager to Enter into A Professional Services Agreement for Planning Services in a Form Approved by the City Attorney.