CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
JANUARY 17, 2012
CLOSED SESSION: 5:30 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on January 17, 2012, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 5:30 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in the City of Livingston City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
1. Public Employee Appointment
(Government Code Section 54957)
Title: Chief of Police
2. Conference with Legal Counsel—Potential Litigation
[(Government Code Section 54956.9(b)(1)]
Number of Cases: 2
3. Conference with Real Property Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: APN Numbers: 046-250-006, 046-250-12, 047-090-12,
047-090-18, 047-090-19, 047-090-24; and 047-200-004
Negotiating Party: Jose Antonio Ramirez, City Manager
Under Negotiation: Terms, Lease of Property
4. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency Negotiator: City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez
Employee Organizations: All Represented City Employees
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2012-3
Next Ordinance Number: 598
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
2. Resolution Accepting the Proposal Submitted by Telecion Communications Group to Provide Shoretel Telecommunications Service Contract, Awarding a Professional Contract to Telecion Communications Group and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Service Agreements with Telecion Communications Group for Telecommunication Services at City Hall, Police Department, Public Works and Fire Department.
3. Resolution Accepting Submittal of a Proposition 84 Grant Application to Construct the New Court Theater, Office Buildings and Downtown Parking Structure; Prepare a Downtown Master Plan and Form-Based Zoning Code; and Provide Passive Recreation Activities at the Merced River.
5. Resolution Accepting the Dedication of Lot “C” and Water Well Improvements (Well No. 16) on Lot “C” of Country Lane Subdivision as Shown on the Final Map for Country Lane Subdivision and Authorizing the City Manager to Release the Surety Bonds for Water Well Improvements by Livingston Country Lane, L.P., a California Corporation.
6. Resolution Awarding Purchase Contracts to N&S Tractor Company, Merced, CA, Holt of California, Turlock, CA and Mission Valley Ford, San Jose, CA, Approving the Expenditure of Funds for the “CMAQ – Purchase Four (4) Replacement Heavy Duty Vehicles for Construction Activities” and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute Purchase Contracts with Respective Companies and any Change Orders Thereto.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
10. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Electing to Transfer All Rights, Responsibilities and Functions Related to Housing for the Livingston Redevelopment Agency to the City of Livingston.