CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
JULY 3, 2012
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on July 3, 2012, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The agenda shall be as follows:
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2012-45
Next Ordinance Number: 599
Pledge of Allegiance.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation by Justin Surratt, Schneider Electric – Solar Power Proposal.
2. Presentation by Ritem Sandhu, Outreach Specialist, California Health Collaborative, Merced County Tobacco Control Program, “Tobacco Sales to Minors in Efforts for the City of Livingston to Adopt a Tobacco Retail Licensing Policy.”
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
3. Introduce and Waive the First Reading of Ordinance No.___ of the City Council of the City of Livingston Adopting the Regional Transportation Impact Fee (RTIF).
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
4. Resolution for the Acceptance of the Picnic Areas and Restroom Facilities at Walnut Sports Complex Project 06-01680, Authorizing the City Clerk to Record a Notice of Completion with Merced County and Authorizing the City Manager to Release Performance and Material Bonds and to Make Final Payment of Retention Monies to Harris, Builders, Inc.
5. Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Continue Making Required Expenditures to Meet Current or Immediate Financial Obligations Until the 2012/13 Fiscal Year Budget is Adopted.
6. Adopt Resolutions Calling, Giving Notice of and Requesting that the County of Merced Consolidate the City’s Municipal Election with the Statewide 2012 General Election.
7. Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Remove all Contents, Surrender and Execute a Release of Liability Pertaining to the Safety Deposit Box at WestAmerica Bank, Formerly Bank of America.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
10. Fiscal Year 2012-2013 Budget Workshop #3: Special Revenue Funds, Development Impact Fees, Enterprise Funds and Redevelopment Agency Obligation Retirement Funds.