CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
MAY 1, 2012
CLOSED SESSION: 5:30 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on May 1, 2012, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 5:30 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in the City of Livingston City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
3. Public Employee Performance Evaluation
(Government Code Section 54957)
Title: City Attorney
4. Public Employee Performance Evaluation
(Government Code Section 54957
Title: City Manager
5. Conference with Legal Counsel—Potential Litigation
[(Government Code Section 54956.9(b)(1)]
Number of Cases: 1
6. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency Negotiator: City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez
Employee Organizations: All Represented City Employees
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2012-34
Next Ordinance Number: 600
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation by Livingston Middle School Roadmap Team – Underage Alcohol Access in Livingston – Group Members Jacob Long, Samantha Henry, Ramandeep Kaur, Corey Nego, Faateh Mukhtar and Group Advisor Christopher Jensen, Alcohol and Drug Prevention Specialist, Merced County Department of Mental Health.
GRANT ANNOUNCEMENTS ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
2. Resolution Awarding Construction Contract to California Trenchless, Inc., Dublin, CA for the Phase 2 Water Line Improvements Project, Approving Expenditure of Funds and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Construction Contract and any Change Orders thereto with California Trenchless, Inc.
3. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Acting in the Capacity as Successor Agency to the Former Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston Adopting an Amended Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule (ROPS) Pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 34177 (1) for the Period Ending June 30, 2012.
4. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Acting in the Capacity as Successor Agency to the Former Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston Adopting a Draft Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule (ROPS) for the Period of July 2012 – December 2012 Pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 34177 (1).
5. Resolution Opposing Governor Brown’s Proposed Reductions to Early Care and Education Child Development Programs.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
8. Review Sections of the Livingston Municipal Code for a Future Workshop. (Note from TheGardeningSnail. Parts of the Code to be looked at have to do with the following items which come under the heading of “Police Regulations”)
10. City Council Discuss and Provide Staff Direction on the Implementation of the Regional Transportation Impact Fee (RTIF).