CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
MAY 15, 2012
CLOSED SESSION: 5:30 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on May 15, 2012, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 5:30 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in the City of Livingston City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
3. Public Employee Performance Evaluation
(Government Code Section 54957)
Title: City Attorney
4. Public Employee Performance Evaluation
(Government Code Section 54957
Title: City Manager
5. Conference with Legal Counsel—Potential Litigation
[(Government Code Section 54956.9(b)(1)]
Number of Cases: 1
6. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency Negotiator: City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez
Employee Organizations: All Represented City Employees
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2012-38
Next Ordinance Number: 600
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation and Swearing in of the Livingston Police Department Explorer Post by Chief Ruben Chavez, Sergeant Ray Fong, Officer Zeus Baldivia and Officer Richard Macchia, Livingston Police Department.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
2. Resolution for the Acceptance of the Road Widening and Associated Improvements on Main Street/Lincoln Boulevard Adjacent to Livingston High School Completed by the Merced Union High School District, Authorizing the City Clerk to Record a Notice of Completion with Merced County and Authorizing the City Manager to Record the Grant Deeds for Rights-of-Way Dedication.
3. Resolution for the Acceptance of the State-Legislated Safe Routes to Schools Sidewalk Installation Cycle 8 SRTSL – 5256 (010) Project, Authorizing the City Clerk to Record a Notice of Completion with Merced County and Authorizing the City Manager to Release Performance and Material Bonds and to Make Final Payment of Retention Monies to Teichert Construction Company.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
6. Resolution Approving Amendment No. 2 Extending the Consultant Agreement Between the City of Livingston and SNG & Associates, Inc. to Continue to Provide Contract Engineering Staff Support Services, and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Amendment.
7. Review Livingston Municipal Code Section 11-3-3 (D) and Provide Staff Direction Concerning Truck Parking on Joseph Gallo Drive and Court.