CITY COUNCIL AND SUCCESSOR AGENCY TO THE REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY OF THE
CITY OF LIVINGSTON
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
AUGUST 20, 2013
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council and Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston will hold a Regular Meeting on August 20, 2013, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held at the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Successor Agency
Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation
[Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1)]
City of Livingston and Successor Agency to the Livingston
Community Redevelopment Agency v. Ana Matosantos, et al
Superior Court of the State of California – County of Sacramento
Case No. 34-2013-80001460
4. Conference with Legal Counsel – Potential Litigation
[(Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2)]
Number of Cases: 3
6. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Labor Negotiator: City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez
Employee Organizations: All Represented City Employees
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2013-38
Next Ordinance Number: 608
Pledge of Allegiance. Next Successor Agency
Resolution Number: 2013-4
Closed Session Announcements
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation by Public Works Director Humberto Molina: 25 Year Service Pin to Ruben Mendoza, Maintenance Worker II.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
2. Resolution Rejecting All Bids Received for CMAQ Pedestrian Improvement – Sidewalk Installation Project, Project No. CML-5256(012) and Authorizing the City Manager to Re-advertise Bids.
3. Resolution for the Acceptance of the Phase 2 Water Line Improvement Project, Authorizing the City Clerk to Record a Notice of Completion with Merced County and Authorizing the City Manager to Release Performance and Material Bonds and to Make Final Payment of Retention Monies to California Trenchless, Inc.
4. Resolution Supporting Boundary Expansion No. 4 of the Merced County Regional Enterprise Zone.
5. Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to File a Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP) Estimate Exchange Fund Claim Form for Fiscal Year 2012/2013.
6. Consideration of Appointment to Utility Rates Stakeholders’ Committee.
7. Waive the Second Reading and Adopt Ordinance No. 606, an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Livingston Acting in its Capacity as the Legislative Body of City of Livingston Community Facilities District No. 2013-1 (Livingston Family Apartments) and Authorizing the Levy of a Special Tax Therein.
8. Waive the Second Reading and Adopt Ordinance No. 607, of the City Council of the City of Livingston Amending Title 5, Chapter 5, Section 6 of the Livingston Municipal Code (LMC) Relating to Second Residential Unit Development Standards in the R-2 Zoning District (Medium Density Residential).
9. Approval of Minutes of Meeting Held on June 18, 2013.
10. Approval of Warrant Register Dated August 15, 2013.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
11. Provide Staff Direction for Appointment to the Planning Commission.
12. Resolution Approving a Professional Services Agreement to Provide Contract Engineering Staff Support Services for the City of Livingston and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Agreement in a Form Approved by the City Attorney.
13. Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Enter into a Demolition Agreement with Jim Brisco Enterprises, Inc. Relating to the Court Theater.
14. Fiscal Year 2013-2014 Budget Workshop #2: Questions & Answers Session.