CITY COUNCIL AND SUCCESSOR AGENCY TO THE REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY OF THE
CITY OF LIVINGSTON
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
MARCH 19, 2013
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council and
Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston will hold a Regular Meeting on March 19, 2013, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held at the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows: Closed Session
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Successor Agency
Conference with Legal Counsel – Potential Litigation
[(Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2)]
Number of Cases: 1
4. Conference with Legal Counsel – Potential Litigation
[(Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2)]
Number of Cases: 3
5. Conference with Real Property Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54956.8)
APN Numbers 047-140-006 and 047-140-0017
Negotiating Parties: City Manager
6. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Labor Negotiator: City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez
Employee Organizations: All Represented City Employees
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2013-8
Next Ordinance Number: 604
Pledge of Allegiance. Next Successor Agency
Resolution Number: 2013-3
Closed Session Announcements
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Introduction by Police Chief Ruben Chavez of new Reserve Officers Javier Ramirez, Badge Number L20; Satveer Singh, Badge Number L21. Oaths of Office by City Clerk Tony Silva.
GRANT ANNOUNCEMENTSANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports
CITY COUNCIL FUTURE AGENDA ITEM REQUESTSPUBLIC HEARINGS
2. Resolution and Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Livingston Establishing Rates for Solid Waste Service Fees.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
3. Waive the Second Reading and Adopt Ordinance No. 600, of the City Council of the City of Livingston Amending Livingston Municipal Code (LMC) Section 5-4-2(J)(1) Relating to Front Yard Setback Fence Heights.
4. Waive the Second Reading and Adopt Ordinance No. 601, of the City Council of the City of Livingston Amending Livingston Municipal Code (LMC) Section 5-6-2(B) Pertaining to Amendment or Rezoning Initiation.
5. Waive the Second Reading and Adopt Ordinance No. 602, of the City Council of the City of Livingston Amending Livingston Municipal Code (LMC) Section 5-3-15: Table 2, Table 3, Table 4, and Adding Section 5-5-12, Cultivation of Annual Crops.
6. Resolution Supporting State of California Senate Bill 391, the California Homes and Jobs Act of 2013.
7. Resolution Opposing the State Water Resources Control Board Substitute Environmental Document Regarding Potential Changes to the Water Control Board Plan for the San Francisco – Sacramento/San Joaquin Delta.
8. Resolution for the Acceptance of the “CMAQ – Purchase Four (4) Replacement Heavy Duty Vehicles for Construction Activities,” and Authorizing the City Manager to Release Performance and Material Bonds to N&S Tractor Company, Merced, CA; Holt of California, Turlock, CA; and Mission Valley Ford, San Jose, CA.
9. Resolution Ratifying Appointments to the Parks and Recreation Commission.
10. Approval of Minutes of Meeting Held on February 5, 2013,
11. Approval of Minutes of Meeting Held on February 19, 2013.
12. Approval of Warrant Register Dated March 14, 2013.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS