LIVINGSTON CA / May 17, 2013 —
CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
MAY 21, 2013
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on May 21, 2013, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held at the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
3. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Labor Negotiator: City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez
Employee Organizations: All Represented City Employees
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2013-20
Next Ordinance Number: 605
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation by Christopher Jensen, Alcohol and Drug Prevention Specialist, Merced County Department of Mental Health and Livingston Roadmap Team, “Tot Lot Law”.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
2. Introduce and Waive the First Reading of Ordinance No___, of the City Council of the City of Livingston Amending Title 5, Chapter 3 of the Livingston Municipal Code, Lot Development Standards, Setbacks, Setback Exceptions, Maximum Site Coverage and Maximum Floor Area Ratio Concerning Residential Rear Yards in the R-1 Zoning District (Low Density Residential).
3. Resolution Conditionally Approving Site Plan/Design Review 2013-1 for the Proposed Motel 6 Project, a 75-Room, 3-Story Motel on a 1.04-Acre Parcel Located at 309 Joseph Gallo Drive.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
4. Resolution Amending the Professional Engineering Services Contract with AECOM, Fresno, CA, for Additional Design and Construction Support Services for the 1,2,3 Trichloropropane (TCP) Treatment at the City Water Supply Well No. 8 and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Amendment.
5. Resolution Authorizing Award of Contract/Purchase Order to Crafco, Inc., Chandler, Arizona for the Purchase of a Fifty (50) Gallon Melter Applicator.
6. City Council Authorization to Purchase Four Laptop Computers for Police Vehicles through the 2012 State Homeland Security Grant Program.
7. Council Designation of Equipment/Property as Surplus and Authorizing Staff to Dispose of Property Appropriately.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
14. Resolution Authorizing the Purchase of Land Needed for the Installation of Water Treatment Facilities at the City Water Supply Well No. 8, Approval of the Appraisal Report Prepared by The Thomas Wilkins Company and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Agreement with Foster Farms for the Purchase of the Land.