CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
JULY 15, 2014
SPECIAL MEETING: 5:30 P.M.
REGULAR MEETING: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold both a Special Meeting and a Regular Meeting on July 15, 2014, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to these meetings at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meetings shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Special Meeting will begin at 5:30 p.m. and the Regular Meeting at 7:00 p.m. at the City Council Chambers located at 1416 “C” Street, Livingston, California. The meeting agendas shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call
At a special meeting, members of the public wishing to address the Council for any matter on the agenda may do so at this time. Note, under the provisions of the California Government Code, the City Council is prohibited from discussing or taking action on any item not on the agenda. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes.
Please note that under California Government Code section 54954.3(a) (The Brown Act), Special Meeting agendas need only provide an opportunity for members of the public to directly address the legislative body concerning any item that has been described in the meeting agenda before or during consideration of the item. The public will have an opportunity to comment on matters not on the agenda at regularly scheduled Council Meetings.
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston,
3. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Labor Negotiator: City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez
Employee Organizations: All Represented City Employees
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
4. Presentation of a Plaque by Mayor Rodrigo Espinoza to Mr. Ron Foster, Chief Executive Officer of Foster Farms Acknowledging the 75th Anniversary of Foster Farms.
CALL TO ORDER
Roll Call. Next Resolution No. 2014-40
Next Ordinance No. 620
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements
Changes to the Agenda.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
1. Resolution Acknowledging the 75th Anniversary of Foster Farms.
2. Resolution Accepting the Proposal Submitted by Adams Ashby Group to Provide Grant Services Related to the Housing Components of the Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME), The State Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program and CalHOME Housing Rehabilitation Program, Awarding a Professional Services Contract to Adams Ashby Group and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute an Agreement for Professional Services in a Form as Approved by the City Attorney.
3. Resolution Approving a One (1) Year Memorandum of Understanding and a Side Letter Concessions Agreement between the City of Livingston and the City of Livingston Management and Confidential Employees Association.
4. Approval of Warrant Register Dated July 10, 2014.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS