CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
JUNE 3, 2014 060314 Agenda Packet Pdf
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on June 3, 2014, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
3. Conference with Legal Counsel – Potential Litigation
[(Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2)]
Number of Cases: 2
4. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Labor Negotiator: City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez
Employee Organizations: All Represented City Employees
CALL TO ORDER
Roll Call. Next Resolution No. 2014-22
Next Ordinance No. 619
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation by Livingston Knights of Columbus: Certificates of Appreciation to Supervisor John Pedrozo and Merced County Sheriff Tom Cavallero.
2. Presentation by Larry Bergman, Fire Captain, Merced County Fire/Cal Fire: Fire Hydrant Flushing Program.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
3. Waive the Second Reading and Adopt Ordinance No. 616 of the City Council of the City of Livingston Adopting Amendments to Title 4, Chapter 1 of the Livingston Municipal Code Pertaining to the Livingston Building Code, and Ordinance No. 617 Adopting Amendments to Title 7, Chapters 1, 2, 4 and 5 of the Livingston Municipal Code and Related Changes.
4. Introduce and Waive the First Reading of Ordinance No. ___, an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Livingston Amending Livingston Municipal Code (LMC) Title 5, Zoning Regulations; Sections 5-4-9, Outdoor Dining Areas; 5-2-6, Temporary Uses; 5-6-9, Use Permits; and 5-7-2, Definitions.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
5. Waive the Second Reading and Adopt Ordinance No. 614, an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Livingston Adopting a New Rate Schedule for Water Service Based on the Full CIP Scenario – Effective July 15, 2014.
6. Waive the Second Reading and Adopt Ordinance No. 615, an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Livingston Adopting a New Rate Schedule for Domestic Wastewater Service (Sewer Service), Effective July 15, 2014.
7. Waive the Second Reading and Adopt Ordinance No. 618 of the City Council of the City of Livingston Amending the Livingston Municipal Code to Repeal Title 9, Chapter 7, Entitled “CATV Franchise: in its Entirety.
8. Initiating Proceedings Under the Landscape and Lighting Act of 1972, Division 15, Part 2 of the California Streets and Highways Code, et seq., Declaring the City’s Intention to Levy and Collect Assessments within the City’s Landscape and Lighting Maintenance Assessment District for Fiscal Year 2014/2015, Approval of the Engineer’s Report and Setting a Time and Place for a Public Hearing.
9. Initiating Proceedings under the Benefit Assessment Act of 1982, Government Code Section 54717, et seq., Declaring the City’s Intention to Levy and Collect Assessments within the City’s Benefit Assessment Districts for Fiscal Year 2014/2015, Approval of the Engineer’s Report and Setting a Time and Place for a Public Hearing.
10. Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Program Supplement Agreement No. 012-N to Administering Agency-State Agreement No.10-5256R for the Roundabout at Main Street and B Street; Federal Project No. CML-5256(015) and Authorizing the City Manager to Act on Behalf of the City of Livingston.
11. Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Program Supplement Agreement No. 011-N to Administering Agency- State Agreement No. 10-5256R for the Sidewalk Infill on Stefani, White, Crowell and Simpson; Federal Project No. CML-5256 (016) and Authorizing the City Manager to Act on Behalf of the City of Livingston.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
19. Resolution Approving an Agreement with Conco West for Repairs at the Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP), Making Findings Supporting that Award of Such Agreement is Exempt from Competitive Bidding Requirements and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Agreement.