CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
MARCH 4, 2014
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on March 4, 2014, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held at the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
3. Conference with Legal Counsel – Potential Litigation
[(Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2)]
Number of Cases: 2
4. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Labor Negotiator: City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez
Employee Organizations: All Represented City Employees
CALL TO ORDER
Roll Call. Next Resolution No. 2014-9
Next Ordinance No. 612
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation: Mr. Tom Skiba, representing My Community Mobile, “Mobile application and how the City of Livingston would benefit from the service.”
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
2. Second Reading and Adoption of Ordinance No. 611, an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Livingston Amending Title 7, Chapter 4 of the Livingston Municipal Code Pertaining to Fireworks and the Issuing of Permits.
3. Resolution Amending Conditions of Approval for Site Plan/Design Review 2013-4 for the Proposed Motel 6 Project, a 75-room, 3-story Motel on a 2.43 – acre Parcel Located at 110 N. Del Rio Avenue.
4. Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to File a Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP) Estimate Exchange Fund Claim Form for Fiscal Year 2012/2013.
5. Resolution Approving a Successor Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Livingston and the Livingston Police Officers’ Association (LPOA) OE3 Unit for the Period of July 1, 2013 Through December 31, 2014.
6. Resolution Approving a Successor Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Livingston and the Livingston Police Supervisors’ OE3 Unit for the Period of July 1, 2013 through December 31, 2014.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
9. Consulting Services Agreement with Quantum Energy Services & Technologies, Inc. to Investigate Possible Efficiency Measure for Partition in the CalPOP Program at the City’s Wastewater Treatment Facility.