CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
MARCH 18, 2014
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on March 18, 2014, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held at the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
3. Conference with Legal Counsel – Potential Litigation
[(Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2)]
Number of Cases: 2
4. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Labor Negotiator: City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez
Employee Organizations: All Represented City Employees
CALL TO ORDER
Roll Call. Next Resolution No. 2014-14
Next Ordinance No. 612
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Introduction and Oath of Office for new City Accountant, Harpreet “Happy” Bains.
2. Presentation by Mr. Arnie Gomez, Cub Master, Cub Scout Pack 217 of Cub Pack Re-charter to Livingston Police Department and Appreciation Plaques to Police Chief Ruben Chavez and Officers John Ramirez and Marco Lugo for their support of the Cub Scout Pack.
3. Presentation by Paul Avila, Battalion Chief, CAL FIRE – Fire Hydrant Flushing Program.
4. Presentation of HERO Program by Mr. Mark Rodgers, Vice President of Municipal Development at Renovate America. In summary, the Program is helping communities stimulate their local economies, create new jobs and become more energy efficient by reducing energy demand by over 80 GWh’s per year, and CO2 emissions by over 20,000 tons per year.
5. Presentation by Catherine Hansford, Rate Consultant – New Water and Sewer Rates.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
6. Public Hearing – Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. ___, an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Livingston Amending Livingston Municipal Code Section Title 4, Chapter 2, Sign Regulations; Adding New Section 4-2-8, Related to Murals; Adding Definitions to Section 4-2-3, “Definitions”, and Making Minor Numbering Changes.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
13. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Adopting the City of Livingston Budget for Fiscal Year 2013-2014.