CITY COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA NOVEMBER 13, 2014
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Special Meeting on November 13, 2014, at the City Hall Conference Room, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an open session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less titan 24 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available /or public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Special Meeting will begin at 6:00 p. m. Members of the public may address the City Council concerning any item described in this notice and agenda before consideration of that item. No City business other titan that described in this notice and agenda shall be considered by the City Council.
CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance.
Next Resolution No. 2014-59
Next Ordinance No. 621
Changes to the Agenda.
At a special meeting, members of the public wishing to address the Council for any matter on the agenda may do so at this time. Note, under the provisions of the California Government Code, the City Council is prohibited from discussing or taking action on any item not on the agenda. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes.
Please note that under California Government Code section 54954.3(a ) (The Brown Act), Special Meeting agendas need only provide an opportunity for members of the public to directly address the legislative body concerning any item that has been described in the meeting agenda before or during consideration of the item. The public will have an opportunity to comment on matters not on the agenda at regularly scheduled Council Meetings.
Page 1 of 3
A "Closed" or "Executive" Session of the City Council may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held at the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
1. Conference with Legal Counsel -Potential Litigation ((Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2))
Number of Cases: 1
2. Conference with Real Property Negotiator (Government Code Section 54956.8) Property: APN: 024-011-016, Olive Avenue APN: 023-100-049, Burgundy Drive
Negotiating Party: City Manager
3. PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT (Government Code Section 54957)
Title: Finance Director/Assistant City Manager
4. Conference with Labor Negotiator (Government Code Section 54957.6)
Labor Negotiator: City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez Employee Organizations: All Represented City Employees
CLOSED SESSION ANNOUNCEMENTS
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS
5. Invocation by Police Chaplain Mike Outten. Swearing-in of new Police Officer Sergio Casanova. Oath of Office to be administered by Deputy City Clerk Odi Ortiz.
6. City Council to Accept Donation of One 2001 Dodge 3/4 Ton Long Bed Pickup from Reserve Officer Joseph Cruz from California Highway Patrol Decommissioned Vehicle Fleet.
7. Council Authorize Purchase of Two Public Works Utility Trucks from Smith Chevrolet Cadillac, Inc.
8. Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Right-of-Way Certification for CMAG Sidewalk Infill on Stefani Avenue, White Avenue, Crowell Street, and Simpson Avenue in the City of Livingston – Federal Project No. CML-5256(016).
9. Reappointment of Marge McFadden to the Merced County Mosquito Abatement District Board of Trustees.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
11. City Council Accept the City of Livingston -Independent Auditor’s Report and Financial Statements June 30, 2014 and City of Livingston Local Transportation Development Act Fund Independent Auditor’s Report and Financial Statements June 30, 2014.