2 Council Authorize Purchase of Air Compressor and Jack Hammer Equipment from BlueLine Rental.

Meeting Date: OCTOBER 21, 2014

Agenda Item #2. Council Authorize Purchase of Air Compressor and Jack Hammer Equipment from BlueLine Rental.

Note from TheGardeningSnail. Part (or all) of this page was produced by running a PDF Image File through a program that converts Image to Text. Apologies for any Textual Gremlins that may have crept in.

STAFF REPORT

AGENDA ITEM: Council Authorize Purchase of Air Compressor and Jack Hammer Equipment from BlueLine Rental.

MEETING DATE: October 21, 2014

PREPARED BY: Odi Ortiz, Assistant City Manager

REVIEWED BY: Jose Antonio Ramirez, City Manager

clip_image002

RECOMMENDATION:

Staff recommends that the City Council authorize the purchase of an air compressor and jack hammer equipment from BlueLine Rental.

BACKGROUND:

The air compressor and jack hammer currently on hand are over 10 years old and have become obsolete. Efficiencies, productivity and safety will be enhanced by replacing these two equipment units. The units are to be used primarily by our water, streets and other departments as needed.

Staff has collected three informal quotes on these two units and after internal review; we highly recommend the quote received from Blue Line Rental out of Turlock at $20,366.38.

DISCUSSION:

Approve purchase of public works equipment/tools.

FISCAL IMPACT:

These two items have been budgeted for; 60% of purchase cost will be funded by the Water Capital Fund and the remaining 40% by Street Impact Fee Funds. No impact to the General Fund.

ATTACHMENTS:

Quotes received from Blueline Rental, Sam’s Equipment & Supplies, and Action Equipment Rentals

image

image

image

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s