CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
AUGUST 02, 2016
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on August 2, 2016, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
3. Conference with Legal Counsel – Potential Litigation
((Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2))
Number of Cases: 1
4. Conference with Legal Counsel—Existing Litigation
((Government Code Section 54956.9(a))
Name of Case: Animal Legal Defense Fund v. City of Livingston – Merced County Superior Court – Case No.16CV-01222
5. Conference with Real Property Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54956.8)
Partial Area of Real Property: APN 24-143-011
Negotiating Parties for City: Interim City Manager/City Attorney and Flor Chavez
Under Negotiation: Lease Agreement
(Note from TheGardeningsnail. I’m guessing this has to do with the Taco Truck on the corner. You know, whers some people got their boxers in a bunch about the umbrellas on the corner.)
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution No.: 2016-43 Next Ordinance No. 628
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Rachel Sanders, Public Agency Retirement Services (PARS), Prefunding Other Post Employment Benefits (OPEB) City Liability.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
3. Resolution Authorizing the Interim City Manager to Enter Into a Lease Agreement with Jim Brisco Enterprises for Lease of Approximately One Acre of Land at the Domestic Wastewater Treatment Plant Site.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
9. Presentation by Albert Peche of A.M. Peche & Associates on Cost Savings Related to an Opportunity of Refunding of United States Department of Agriculture (“USDA”), Rural Development 2003 Sewer Series A Bonds and 2003 Sewer Series B Bonds. Possible direction to staff.
10. Resolution Approving the Merced Integrated Regional Water Management Authority (MIRWMA) Joint Powers Agreement.
12. Resolution Approving a Two (2) Year Professional Services Agreement Between the City of Livingston and Ricky Ricardo Promotions as an Event Planner to Assist in Planning the City’s Sweet Potato Festival.
13. Review, Discussion and Possible Direction to City Staff on Park Facility Rental Procedures and Guidelines.
14. Review, Discussion and Possible Direction – Roundabout – Main Street Improvement Project.