LIVINGSTON CA / June 17, 2013 —
CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
JUNE 18, 2013
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on June 18, 2013, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held at the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
3. Conference with Legal Counsel – Potential Litigation
[(Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2)]
Number of Cases: 2
4. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Labor Negotiator: City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez
Employee Organizations: All Represented City Employees
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2013-24
Next Ordinance Number: 606
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation by Council Member David Mendoza and Planning Commissioner Mario Mendoza, City Council Certificate of Appreciation to Brian Johnsons, Vice President/Chief Pilot of the Sierra Academy of Aeronautics for the Academy’s donation of a bus to the Livingston High School Band Boosters.
2. Presentation by Superintendent Steve Gomes, Merced County Office of Education, Report on Merced County Education.
3. Presentation by David Heyer, Program Manager, Merced County Department of Workforce Investment, Enterprise Zones/Targeted Employment Area.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
4. Resolution Conditionally Approving Site Plan/Design Review 2013-1 for the Proposed Motel 6 Project, a 75-Room, 3-Story Motel on a 1.05-Acre Parcel Located at 309 Joseph Gallo Drive.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
5. Proceedings Under the Mello-Roos Community Facilities Act of 1982, Government Code Section 53311, Et. Seq., Approving the Formation of City of Livingston Community Facilities District No. 2013-1 (Livingston Family Apartments), Declaring the City’s Intention to Levy and Collect Special Taxes for Fiscal Year 2013/2014.
6. Proceedings Under the Landscape and Lighting Act of 1972, Division 15, Part 2 of the California Streets and Highways Code, Et. Seq., for the Approval to Form Landscaping and Lighting Maintenance District No. 2013-1 (Livingston Family Apartments), Declaring the City’s Intention to Levy and Collect Assessments for Fiscal Year 2013/2014, Approval of the Engineer’s Report and Setting a Time and Place for a Public Hearing.
7. Proceedings Under the Benefit Assessment Act of 1982, Government Code Section 54703, Et. Seq., Approving the Formation of City of Livingston Benefit Assessment District No. 2013-1 (Livingston Family Apartments), Declaring the City’s Intention to Levy and Collect Assessments for Fiscal Year 2013/2014, Approval of the Engineer’s Report and Setting a Time and Place for a Public Hearing.
8. City Council Authorization to Purchase New Ballasts and Associated Labor to Retrofit the Police Department Lighting Fixtures.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
11. Speed Bumps Discussion.