CITY COUNCIL AND SUCCESSOR AGENCY TO THE REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY OF THE CITY OF LIVINGSTON
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
AUGUST 21, 2012
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council and Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency will hold a Regular Meeting on August 21, 2012, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held at the City Council Chambers located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
A “Closed” or “Executive” Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
3. Conference with Legal Counsel – Potential Litigation
[(Government Code Section 54956.9(b)(2)]
Number of Cases: 2
4. Conference with Labor Negotiator
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency Negotiator: City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez
Employee Organizations: All Represented City Employees
CALL TO ORDER
Next Resolution Number: 2012-59
Next Ordinance Number: 600
Pledge of Allegiance.
Next Successor Agency Resolution Number: 2012-1
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation of Certificates of Appreciation to the 4th of July Committee and Livingston High School Hispanic Youth Leadership Club Members – 4th of July Committee and City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez.
2. California Department of Transportation grant award of $100,000 for the Livingston B and Main Street Gateway and Connectivity Plan.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports.
City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports.
Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
3. Resolution Setting the City of Livingston’s Gann Appropriation Limit for the Fiscal Year 2012-2013.
4. Public Hearing – Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Approving the City of Livingston Budget for Fiscal Year 2012-2013.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will be taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
5. Resolution to Award a Professional Services Contract for Providing Community Outreach and Proposition 218 Balloting Services to GoodStanding Outreach, Reno, Nevada and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Agreement.
9. Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Acknowledging the Separate Legal Existence of the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston.
SUCCESSOR AGENCY CONSENT CALENDAR
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the Executive Director or Board Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the Board or Executive Director request that specific items be removed.
10. Resolution of the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston Designating Officers and Adopting Administrative and Operating Procedures.
11. Resolution of the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Livingston Approving the Draft Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule (ROPS III) for the Period of January 1, 2013 through June 30, 2013, Pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 34177.