COURT THEATER COMMITTEE
DECEMBER 13, 2010
A special meeting of the Court Theater Committee was called to order by Chairperson JoAnn Mires on Monday, December 13, 2010 at 5:02 p.m. in the Livingston City Council Chambers.
Minutes – Minutes were approved with corrections.
- Checking as of 11/30/10 – balance was $3,780.92 including 17 cents in interest
- Savings as of 9/30/10 – balance was $23,442.49, including $17.53 year-to-date interest.
Court Theater Project Update:
· Vickie hasn’t received a response from the Substantial Community Loan and Grant Program.
· Jasmin reported on the discussion with Jim Holt from the Department of Parks and Recreation (Project Manager for Livingston). Currently there are four options for the Court Theater Project
1. Complete as planned
2. Withdraw from the project
3. Submit project scope changes to eliminate the wings. Lengthily process and City would need to submit why the scope of change. Usually scope changes are for minor changes.
4. Extension of time. Can’t be done until six months prior to expiration date (3/2012).
· Basically, a new application with required documents, site plans would need to be submitted. The review process would be very competitive and the review board would look at past performance.
· If default on agreement, the money will go back to Legislation and not be used. Any money used to-date would need to be repaid. CDBG funds were used for permits, design cost, etc.
· If the Roberti-Z Berg Harris Grant Program is re-written, it would require City approval.
· The Committee could pursue private grants, but need to know exactly what features is wanted for the building. Also would need to know what Council and City would like, but would need the support from the City in order to proceed.
· There was a discussion on the whether the Court Theater Committee was approved by the Council. Gurpal remembered the council approving the committee and that Gloria Keene was on the committee while Supervisor.
· Results from the discussions were:
1. The Committee would like to see the Theater rebuilt with the façade the same.
2. Some of the committee members will meet with the City Engineer to discuss possibilities. This will be a starting point.
3. Pursue private grant programs.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:00 p.m. The next meeting will be held on Monday, January, 24 2010, at 5:00 pm.
Present: Jan Purganan, Scott Kenoyer, Diann Benafield, Jasmin Bains, JoAnn Mires, Victoria Lewis, Gurpal Samra