CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
DECEMBER 6, 2011
CLOSED SESSION: 6:00 P.M.
OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on December 6, 2011, at the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Persons with disabilities who may need assistance should contact the Deputy City Clerk at least 24 hours prior to this meeting at (209) 394-8041, Ext. 121. Any writings or documents pertaining to an Open Session item provided to a majority of the members of the legislative body less than 72 hours prior to the meeting shall be made available for public inspection at Livingston City Hall, 1416 C Street. The Open Session will begin at 7:00 p.m.
The Closed Session will be held in accordance with state law prior to the Open Session beginning at 6:00 p.m. The Closed Session will be held in the City of Livingston City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street. The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
A "Closed" or "Executive" Session of the City Council or the Livingston Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators, conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 1416 C Street, Livingston, California. Any public comment on Closed Session items will be taken before the Closed Session. Any required announcements or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 1416 C Street, Livingston, California.
1 . Conference with Legal Counsel-Potential Litigation [(Government Code Section 54956.9(b)(1)]
Number of Cases: 3
2. Public Employee Appointment (Government Code Section 54957)
Title: Chief of Police
3. Conference with Labor Negotiator(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency Negotiator: City Manager Jose Antonio Ramirez
Employee Organizations: All Represented and Unrepresented City Employees.
CALL TO ORDER Next Resolution Number: 2011-75
Next Ordinance Number: 598
Pledge of Allegiance.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation of Ten-Year Service Pin to Recreation Superintendent Jacquie Benoit.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS
Supervisor John Pedrozo Announcements and Reports. City Staff Announcements and Reports.
City Manager Announcements and Reports.
City Council Members’ Announcements and Reports. Mayor’s Announcements and Reports.
This section of the agenda allows members of the public to address the City Council on any item NOT otherwise on the agenda. Members of the public, when recognized by the Mayor, should come forward to the lectern, and identify themselves. Comments are normally limited to three (3) minutes. In accordance with State Open Meeting Laws, no action will he taken by the City Council this evening. For items which are on the agenda this evening members of the public will be provided an opportunity to address the City Council as each item is brought up for discussion.
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine or non-controversial and will be enacted by one vote, unless separate action is requested by the City Manager or City Council Member. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless members of the City Council or City Manager request that specific items be removed.
2. Resolution Approving 2011/2012 Application for Funding and the Execution of a Grant Agreement and any Amendments Thereto from the California Department of Water Resources (DWR)- Proposition 84, Local Levee Assistance Program (LLAP) and Authorizing the City Manager to Act on Behalf of the City of Livingston.
3. Resolution Awarding Construction Contract to Tri-Phase Electric, Inc., Merced, California for Cal Fire Station #96 Vertical Air Flow Exhaust Removal System, Approving Expenditure of Funds, and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Construction Contract and any Change Orders Thereto with Tri-Phase Electric, Inc.
4. Resolution Approving Enhancement of Springbrook Accounting System by Adding Web Utility Billing Payment Option with the City to Absorb the Related Transaction Fees and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute all Related Forms and Agreements.
5. Resolution Approving Migration (Upgrades) to Springbrook Accounting System from Version 6.02 to 7.XX, Addition of the Fixed Asset Module and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Agreement with Springbrook Software, Inc.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
11 . Adopt Resolution of the City Council of the City of Livingston Restoring its Revenue Sharing Agreement with Merced County for the Gallo Project Exclusively and Directing Staff to Process the General Plan Amendment, Annexation, and Prezone Under the 1999 General Plan.